The Official OUGA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite game of 2012?

5 posters

Go down

What's your favorite game of 2012? Empty What's your favorite game of 2012?

Post  McFly Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:02 pm

2012 was a big ol' year for video games. Some popular favorites include Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed III, Journey, Walking Dead, Borderlands 2, Fez, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, Dishonored, and probably a boatload of others. I dunno, Madden 13?

Well here's your chance to let us know your #1 video game of 2012. Post it up, make your case, tell the world (of the OUGA boards) why your pick was better than the rest. I only ask that you refrain from being disrespectful or criticizing others for their choices.

GO!
McFly
McFly

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://nintendoweek.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Gary

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite game of 2012? Empty Re: What's your favorite game of 2012?

Post  Virt V9 Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:02 am

Well this is upsetting. I had to search through my steam page to try and find anything that was dated 2012. Apparently my game of the year is Crusader Kings 2, a game which looks good, but I only played it for a few hours, because it's complicated and hard to learn.

I seem to have become incredibly cheap. (or moderately poor)
Virt V9
Virt V9

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hank Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:01 am

I'm gonna say Borderlands 2 because Handsome Jack.
hank
hank

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2009-01-29

http://gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=565658

Back to top Go down

Post  McFly Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:32 am

My pick for the top game of 2012 is, without a doubt...
What's your favorite game of 2012? Kid-icarus
Kid Icarus Uprising

It's been years since I've been so captivated and so completely in love with a game. It's a story-heavy game that ignores almost every convention of how to tell a story in a modern game, replacing lengthy cutscene interruptions with a running dialogue that tells you what's going on in real time after you've already started the action. Very probably the best writing I've ever seen in a video game that is consistently funny and surprising in all the right places and ultimately manages to build some wonderful characters and setting by the end of the deceptively long single-player story. Basically, everything that was great about Star Fox 64 polished and cranked up to 11 and three-quarters. Linear, arcadey levels are shockingly replayable thanks to huge amounts of customization (tons of weapons and abilities, plus 99 difficulty levels). Unreasonably fun to play with an endless supply of charm. Thank you, Mr. Sakurai, for reminding me why I love video games.

Oh yeah, there's also a huge multiplayer mode I haven't even tried out yet.

Runners-up: Journey, Nintendo Land
McFly
McFly

Number of posts : 951

http://nintendoweek.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Gary

Back to top Go down

Post  Solecalibur Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 am

What's your favorite game of 2012? Pokemon-Black-2-and-White-2-Kyurem-Forms
Probly Pokemon Black and White 2
I really didn't purchase much for 2012 and this is the only game that comes to mind that I bought and enjoyed this year.

2013 has so many good games this year and we are not even half way done.
Solecalibur
Solecalibur

Number of posts : 1405
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  TheKiest Thu May 16, 2013 3:14 am

I agree with Sole for Pokemon Black 2.

As we all know, these games don't really change much. But THIS game finally feels like a sequel, meaning it actually tried to create a story.

While that story is "decent", it's much better than the basic "Become Champion" or "Save the world from Pokemon A using Pokemon B". I really liked what they did with Hugh (who I thought would make for a better main character, but we gotta represent ourselves.)

It's also reminiscent of Pokemon Gold and Silver where you go back to Kanto (Red/Blue) to see what everyone has been doing in that time.

I know they won't for Y and Z, but I kinda wish they would take the risk to keep a certain story arc besides having occasion side characters return (Cynthia, Oak, Birch, etc).
TheKiest
TheKiest

Number of posts : 1829
Brawl Code : 3523 1751 6061
Wii Code : 0581 1471 0586 5698

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum